How to handle Trump’s ‘biggest media gaffe’
Fox Sports 1 has confirmed that Trump will appear on the channel on Friday night.
A source told the network that the president will be “reached for an interview” and will “talk about everything from his relationship with the media to the election, his presidency and more”.
He will also be able to “talk to reporters about everything else”.
It is unclear whether Trump will be able attend the debate, which is being co-hosted by the network’s own Megyn Kelly and the Washington Post’s Dana Milbank.
The President-elect’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr, tweeted that the network “is not in agreement” with the choice of the host.
“Fox News is not in a position to give a full, candid, unscripted, unfiltered interview to the President Elect, and we will not be providing one,” the president-elect tweeted.
“The network’s decision to host the debate is completely separate from my campaign.
I have nothing to do with Fox News.”
A spokesman for Fox News told Fox News on Wednesday that the show “is still on and will be airing in the coming weeks”.
‘We can’t do this’: Media mogul Trump on his ‘big media gaffes’: ‘I’ve been in a lot of trouble’ ‘We have to deal with that.’
It’s a big problem,” he said.
“But I’ve been doing a lot more stuff than that.
I’m not going to sit there and be silent and let this happen. “
I have been in lots of trouble.
I want to deal. “
We can do this.
I want to deal.
I just don’t want this to happen.”
‘A total and complete misunderstanding’: Trump says he was unaware of Fox News’ decision to invite him.
“It was a total and total misunderstanding.
I was just going to be there to be interviewed.
I’ll be there,” Trump said.
He continued to argue that he was not going back to the network for a second interview, saying: “I think we’ll be seeing them on Friday.
‘I hope I can stay’: Trump on the ‘big, big media gaffle’: ‘This is all a total mess’ “It is a total misunderstanding, a total big-picture misunderstanding,” he added. “
Maybe, but I don’t know.”
‘I hope I can stay’: Trump on the ‘big, big media gaffle’: ‘This is all a total mess’ “It is a total misunderstanding, a total big-picture misunderstanding,” he added.
“This is just a complete and total, complete misunderstanding.”
‘It’s been an honor to work with Fox’: Fox News CEO Roger Ailes, who has been Trump’s top adviser, tweeted on Wednesday evening that the networks decision was “an honor”.
“The President-Elect has made it clear that he would like to work on a debate with Megyn and I, but it was not clear that the President-Elected would agree to be on the debate,” he tweeted.
‘Fox has been a great partner’: Trump’s former Fox News host Megyn Brawley has previously said that she has “never” seen a debate between the President and Fox News.
She told CNN’s Jake Tapper on Wednesday morning that she was “really surprised” by the decision.
“There was no discussion at all about this, I mean, this was totally off the record,” she said.
Fox News, meanwhile, is not the only network to have chosen to air the debate.
CNN, MSNBC and CBS have all opted to host it.
“You know, we will have a debate on the Sunday morning between Megyn on Monday morning and me and the President on Tuesday morning,” Kelly said on Wednesday.